The past few days have been a blur! But, I think I have finally adjusted to the time difference and am ready to share some more of my experience.
Let's start with yesterday's class. We were given an assignment the first class to find a partner in class and interview them after the class was over. We were to go to a small cafe and get to know each other. Then, to introduce that person to the class, we became that person. It's been an interesting experience to hear about other peoples' lives from a different person's perspective. I like hearing what people select from the conversation to share, and it's been fascinating to hear about other people's lives and the obstacles they've overcome. Most of the class was spent on this activity.
Today's class was the best one so far. Our homework from last night was to bring in 10 objects that fit in the palm of your hand. We found out today that we would use these objects to write a play. But, the catch was that we didn't use our own objects. We traded with the person next to us. My objects from my partner were a bandaid, Q-tip, a coin, a couple stamps, an airplane pendant, lipstick, and an earplug. From these objects I created a fractured fairy tale with Princess Lipstick as my main character. Old Man Coin sends her out on a quest to find her creativity before she can become queen. I didn't finish it today, but I plan to finish it soon. I shared it with the class, and the teacher commented that she liked Princess Lipstick's attitude and tenacity. :)
I spent the afternoon working on the homework assignment for tomorrow. Can you believe that I, a teacher, have homework in the summer?! But at least this homework is fun, and it's in a beautiful place. Our assignment was to photograph, draw, or describe 7 doors from the historic part of town. That's why my slideshow has several pictures of doors. I'll find out tomorrow how we'll use the pictures.
In the evening I went on a sunset boat cruise. It was beautiful! The boat was an old, traditional Greek sailing boat. I forgot to take a picture of it before we left, and it was dark by the time we returned. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow to add to the slideshow.
Tomorrow after class I'm going on a longer boat tour, and we'll be stopping at a couple different islands for swimming and snorkeling. I've never been snorkeling before, so this will be an exciting experience for me. Wish me luck! I hope I don't inhale salt water up my nose, or run into any unfriendly fish.
The Wright 3
17 years ago
4 comments:
Glad to hear you've learned how to work the lights and the AC. In through the mouth, out through the mouth is the snorkeling key. I look forward to a picture of you eating the plate of anchovies. Keep having fun!
we can't wait to hear about ur snorkeling experience!! we r glad ur having fun in ur class!! =D
Hi Ms. H! Crete looks amazing, and I'm glad you got there ok even if it took a while. The hotel room looks great too, and has really high ceilings I noticed! The workshop you're taking sounds like a ton of fun! I wish school was like that too:) Well have a great time and enjoy your trip!
How did the play go? Who was your partner?
Post a Comment